Monday, March 12, 2007

O Catherine! My Catherine!

On the ride home from mom and dad's house for our weekly Sunday gathering Catherine was having a conversation with one of her imaginary friends in the backseat and I overheard the last part. Here is our following conversation...

Catherine: ...so scruffles rhymes with scruffy.

Jane: No sweetie, scruffles doesn't rhyme with scruffy. Fluffy rhymes with scruffy. Just like cat rhymes with hat. Now let's try another one. Let's see... what rhymes with house?

Catherine: (long pause) cowse

(Don laughing)

Jane: Well, that is true. But cowse isn't a word. I was thinking of something else, like mouse. Mouse rhymes with house.

Don: How about something to rhyme with dad?

Catherine: waaad

(Don laughing)

I guess she gets the rhyming thing.

2 comments:

Meg said...

i had been craving a good catherine story. thanks!

Chris Vater said...

Catherine is my hero