Monday, May 12, 2008

First View of Ottawa

View from the balcony

Here's the view from the balcony of my hotel room in downtown Ottawa. My office is just on the next block. There's some awesome sights to see that I'll get pictures of later this week and upload them to my Flickr set.

Due to some bad weather in Chicago yesterday, I had to wait in the Green Bay airport for 3 hours. Fortunately my connecting flight to Ottawa was also delayed, and I just made it on before they closed the doors.

So far the biggest differences I've noticed are that people pronounce "process" with a long "o" sound, the same hockey game is broadcast on two channels, one each for French and English, and that I should qualify for this TV show.

I'll try to get more pictures and shorter, more frequent updates for the next few weeks.

No comments: