Saturday, July 11, 2009

Trip to the Lighthouse

Don was on call so I thought it would be nice to do something I thought would be entertaining with the kids. It had been really hot so I decided that the best thing would be to venture out early in the morning so that we could enjoy ourselves without sweating. What could be better than a trip to the lighthouse? Apparently a lot of things.

lighthouse 001

The kids were not keen on being there and plodded along reluctantly asking "do we have to go all the way out to the lighthouse?" Being the stubborn individual that I am I said "absolutely". After using all of my tricks: count the boats, look at the seagulls, etc. they were most entertained with the idea of playing dead on the X that we found that marked the spot. Liam is a natural. Catherine's pose is confusing, perhaps she was told to put her hands in the air before she was "ended". We'll never know.

lighthouse 003

We did reach our destination to find many colorful thoughts written all over the lighthouse. Fortunately for me Liam cannot read. Unfortunately Catherine can. After a discussion of what things should not be written or repeated in public we made our way back.

lighthouse 006

After promises of strawberry shakes to whomever would stop complaining about the never-ending walk, we reached the car. Tell me again why I bother trying to come up with adventure ideas?

lighthouse 004

3 comments:

Meg said...

i especially like the last photo where the naughty-do-not-repeat-ever words are cleverly displayed. photoshop does wonders ya know...although i suppose we never would have known exactly what catherine was exposed to that day. :)

Jane said...

Believe me, I left them there for your benefit. Wouldn't want anyone to miss out on the filth.

Anonymous said...

Stay classy, Manitowoc.